Responsible for education exercise prescription, and risk factor modification in patient with cardiac, pulmonary or metabolic disorder.
Role Specific Responsibilities
o Provides patient specific disease and procedure education.
o Provides individualized patient exercise prescription.
o Indentifies patient signs and symptoms.
o Provides patient with tools for positive behavior change.
o Provides supervision to assistants and students.
o Participates with multidisciplinary teams.
• Bachelor or Master’s in Exercise Science or relevant health related field.
Licenses and Certification
• Required: American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Clinical
Exercise Physiologist (CEP) or Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist (RCEP)
Certification. (ACSM Exercise Physiologist certification is NOT accepted).
• Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) to be obtained within 1 year of employment.
Experience and Skills
• Technical Experience: 3 years in cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation
• Knowledge of electrocardiograph interpretation.