- High School diploma or equivalent
Licenses and Certification
- Non-Certified: Graduate of OR technician program, accredited through ARC/STSA or on the job training; military experience as technician or LPN; dental assistant; ophthalmologist technician; medical assistant. All on the job training or military must show evidence of training by training facility, physician in charge or military command officer.
- Certified: Successfully pass the Certified Surgical Technologist exam through NBSTSA or NCCT
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate
Experience and Skills
- Technical Experience: 6 months or specialized training for non-certified or on the job and military training