- Responsible for directing and coordinating staff and patient care services.
- Manages processes effectively in regard to employee/patient safety.
- Record Keeping
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, logs, files and other documents as required, including but not limited to payroll, schedules and status changes.
- Department Management
- Maintains 24 hour accountability for department, making independent decisions to implement strategies and programs for patient care.
- Delegates authority and accountability to staff to ensure optimal outcomes and staff engagement.
- Evaluates effectiveness of unit/department based programs and processes to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Process Improvement
- Promotes a culture of process improvement by establishing unit/department based programs that supports the system & process improvement goals.
- Actively participates on system-wide or hospital-based teams.
- Manages the unit/department effectively in regards to staffing and staff supervision.
- Plans and implements programs to support positive patient outcomes.
- Serves as a liaison with the Medical Staff.
- Evaluates effectiveness of unit based clinical programs related to delivery of care and clinical practice.
- Assist in preparation for JCAHO, IDPH, IPT and other regulatory agency surveys.
- Monitors and responds to patient/family/physician expectations.
- BSN required
- IL RN license required
- BLS required
- Four years of RN experience required
- Two years of supervisory experience required
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed