- Responsible for managing and coordinating laboratory services.
- Manages processes effectively in regard to employee/patient safety.
- Record Keeping
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, logs, files and other documents as required, including but not limited to payroll, schedules and status changes.
- Department Management
- Maintains 24 hour accountability for department, making independent decisions to implement strategies and programs for patient care.
- Delegates authority and accountability to staff to ensure optimal outcomes and staff engagement.
- Evaluates effectiveness of unit/department based programs and processes to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Process Improvement
- Promotes a culture of process improvement by establishing unit/department based programs that supports the system & process improvement goals.
- Actively participates on system-wide or hospital-based teams.
- Manages the unit/department effectively in regards to staffing and staff supervision
- Role Specific Responsibilities
- Oversees administrative, fiscal and technical activities to ensure efficient operation of the clinical laboratory.
- Evaluates lab processes for collection and processing of specimens to obtain data for the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Bachelor’s degree - Biological Science required
- MT/MLT (ASCP) or equivalent required
- Must Meet CLIA 88 requirements for General Supervisory of a High Complexity Lab
- Four years of clinical lab experience required
- Two years of supervisory experience required
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed